Some things you need to know about the Building Code and how it relates to your stairs.
- Stair codes vary widely from state to state, county to county and even city to city.
- It is imperative that you consult your local building inspector regarding your local building codes and how they apply to your new stair.
- Buystairparts.com, LLC can take no responsibility for the installation of your stairs. It is expected that all parts purchased here are installed according to your local laws and regulations.
Here are some websites that may assist you in finding your local codes and how they apply to building a "legal" stair.
- Building Permit
This site will assist you in finding you local permit office and inspectors as well as other valuable information regarding building permits.
- Visual Interpretation of the International Residential Code
This is the Visual Interpretation of the International Residential Code as seen by the Stairway Manufactures Association (www.stairway.org). This site will assist you in understanding the building code and how it relates to your stair.
- International Code Council's Forum
This is a user forum on the International Code Council's website. This forum is a useful data base of past questions regarding stair codes and a platform to ask your own questions.
Buystairparts.com LLC is not affiliated with any of the above websites and can not guarantee the information they provide to be accurate. Please use these links as an additional means of gathering information and consult with you local building inspector.